- Anyone who needs help with the Klapp ticketing system can come to Strætó at Hestháls 14. This is for example, if people do not have electronic ID.
- People need to bring identification, for example a passport or a card with a photo and ID number (kennitala)
- It is recommended that customers bring some documents to confirm disability. Strætó staff will assist to the best of their ability.
- It is open at the Strætó office on weekdays between 9 am and 4 pm.
- You can also call Klapp’s helpline at 540-2710 or send an e-mail to email@example.com
Log in to Tryggingastofnun
People on disability get 70% discount on adult fares. In order to get the discount you need to follow these steps:
- Go to tr.is and log in to "My pages".
- Select "Your Profile" and "Your information".
- Check the box that will give Tryggingastofnun permission to give Strætó information on your status.
You only need to do this once.
Buying fares with disability discount
- Register for "My pages" on klappid.is
- If you have access, log in.
- If you do not have access, you need to press "Register" There you can create a new account using your phone number or email address.
- If you have a Klapp card, enter the number on the card and select a name for the card.
- You can buy Klapp cards at Strætó vendors or in Strætó’s online store.
- Press "Buy new ticket".
- Now you press the button that says "Verify with E-certificate".
- You need to verify with phone e-certificate.This is done so Strætó can verify that you are on disability and can receive the 70% discount.
- Now, bus fares with a 70% disability discount should be added to your product range when you buy a ticket. The image below shows what this looks like.
- Choose "Single tickets" to buy single tickets.
- Choose "Period" to buy one month pass or 12 months pass.
- Choose "Add to cart" to purchase the period pass or ticket.
- Make sure it say Disabled and TR in the window.
- If it says something else, clicks "Change" and choose fare for disabled people.
- Choose shopping cart in the top right corner to pay for the card.
- Now you just need to add debit- or credit card and pay.
- After a few hours the discount disappear. You need to press "Verify with E-certificate" again and the disability discount will appear again.